Astrofriend's homepage
Share: Twitter Reddit Facebook Gmail Gmail Email
Search Astrofriend's homepage:

Valid CSS!

All pages shall now have been validated

Info Cookies (Kakor) / GDPR


Advertisement / Annons:

My astronomy project:
Repair of Star Adventurer mount (and a look inside)


  1. Overview of the parts and an inside look for broken parts
  2. Adjustment of worm gear and gearbox
  3. Will it work after this repair and adjustment?
  4. Complement with a tripod
  5. Complement with a light weight holder
  6. Polar Align
  7. Travel kit
  8. Dithering ?
  9. Red Dot Finder
  10. Test photo on M31 and M45
  11. Soldering mini USB contact

I take no responsibility or liability for what are written here, you use the information on your own risk!

6: Polar Align

Now at end of the summer it has come darker again at the nights and I can do outdoor test again. But I have to solve one problem, normally I always do the polar align with the drift align method with help of the auto guider. With this mount which doesn't have a auto guider I must do it an another way, the mount has a built in polar finder scope with a reticle screen. I just have to know where to put the polar star, it will change with time and place, I need the hour angle.

I found these two very handy apps to my Android telephone that can give me that information:

The second one also have some other tools. I will write later how successful this was when I have tried it out with my 150mm lens.

Go Back to content

Go Back
To page VII

Advertisement / Annons: